Dangerous and Defective Products
Our law firm will stand by you if you've been hurt
Businesses are required by law to put their products through a rigorous testing process to ensure that they are safe for use. Unfortunately, many companies cut corners through the approval process or otherwise allow dangerous products to reach the market. Serious injuries can ensue, ranging from car accidents involving defective safety equipment to major side effects from poorly designed medications.
Product liability law is an area of personal injury law that deals with injuries caused by dangerous products. Since 1952, Recht Law Offices has been holding those companies accountable. If you've been injured by any product, including the following, a product liability lawyer can help.
Most product liability cases fall into three broad categories:
- Design Defects. These products have some fatal error in their design that can lead to injury. Many such products were inadequately tested - if they went through testing at all.
- Manufacturing Defects. These products, while soundly designed, are not safe for use because of errors in the manufacturing process - for instance, a particular factory may have used lower-quality materials and ruined the structural integrity of the product.
- Failure to Warn. Some products have unavoidable, inherent dangers. Most medications come with side effects, for instance. However, it is the manufacturer's responsibility to appropriately warn consumers of those risks so that they can make informed decisions.
Going up against a big corporation in a product liability lawsuit can be challenging and intimidating. After all, the big companies have deep pockets and well-paid attorneys on your side. We believe that those resources shouldn't stand between your family and the compensation you need. That's why we'll stand by you from start to finish.
If you or a loved one had been hurt by a defective product, reach out to Recht Law today. Any delay could affect your legal rights, so contact us as soon as possible to schedule your consultation.
Any drug, even a seemingly innocuous pain medication, can be dangerous if it is provided without appropriate information. That's why patients need to be aware of a drug's proper dosage, potential interactions and side effects. Unfortunately, many manufacturers have failed to make clear what the risks of their drugs are, leading to serious illness and, in some cases, death.
Some prescription drugs that have been shown to present particular danger are:
If you've taken any of these medications or have suffered adverse effects after taking any other drug, you may have a claim against the manufacturer - and we'd be happy to hear from you. Call today for a free case evaluation.
When a medical device - especially one that is meant to be implanted in a patient's body - goes awry, serious complications can ensue. Surgery is often required to remove a defective medical device or correct its effects on the body. Defective medical devices not only cause injury themselves, but also leave the medical conditions they are intended to address untreated.
Some of the defective medical devices at the center of lawsuits include:
- DePuy and Stryker Hip Replacements
- Guidant and Medtronic Defibrillators
- IVC Filters
- Power Morcellator
- Transvaginal Mesh
If you have been injured by any of these or another defective medical device, we need to hear from you. Our attorneys will fight for the compensation you need to help you and your family move on after that injury.