Do Tri-State Car Crash Victims Get Shoulder Pain Compensation?
Short Answer: Yes, But It Might Not Be Easy Without a Lawyer
Shoulder pain after a car accident is a common injury, but insurance companies may not take it seriously.
This is because the injury causing shoulder pain often does not show up in X-rays, CT scans, MRIs or other medical body imaging. Insurance adjusters know this but often accuse seriously injured accident victims of "faking it." When it comes to protecting their bottom line, no excuse is too thin for an insurance company that wants to reject or reduce your claim.
Recht Law Offices protects injured accident victims from being taken advantage of by insurance companies. We know how to demonstrate the severity of your injuries to the insurance companies. If they don't take your pain seriously and make you a substantial offer, we can take them to court.
If you were injured in a car accident in the West Virginia, Ohio, and Pennsylvania Tri-State Area, contact Recht Law Offices for a free consultation to learn more about your claim's value and your legal options.
Can I get compensation for shoulder pain?
Yes. It is possible to collect compensation for shoulder pain after a car accident. However, this is difficult to achieve without an experienced car accident lawyer by your side presenting a case the adjusters cannot ignore.
A car accident and shoulder pain lawyer will:
- Investigate the accident.
- Collect evidence and expert medical testimony.
- Calculate injury compensation that puts the highest value on your health.
- File legal documents and insurance forms within strict deadlines.
- Negotiate for maximum compensation.
- If a fair settlement cannot be reached, they file a lawsuit to recover injury compensation.
Recht Law Offices has a reputation for building strong cases based on hard evidence that insurance companies cannot ignore.
Underlying shoulder pain injuries
The size of the settlement or verdict for car accident shoulder pain varies depending on the severity of the underlying injury. Common shoulder injuries that cause pain after auto accidents include:
- Sprains, strains, and tears - Your shoulder is held together by soft tissues like muscles, ligaments, and tendons. When one of these become strained or torn in a crash, the results can be painful and long-lasting. Known as musculoskeletal disorder (MSD) injuries, soft-tissue damage may cause delayed pain or "referred pain." Referred pain occurs when your healthy muscles try to make up for your injured ones. Due to the extra burden, the healthy tissues become injured, too.
- Dislocation - The jarring, forceful impact of a car accident temporarily destabilizes the body. Joints may become loose and not fit back together as they did before. A dislocated shoulder can be partial (subluxation) or complete.
- Pinched nerves - After the impact of a crash, it is possible for nerves in the shoulder to become pinched by fractured bones. These injuries can cause pain, numbness, and loss of mobility.
- Fractured bones - Among the bones most likely to cause shoulder pain after a car accident if fractured are the collarbone (clavicle), upper arm (humerus), and shoulder blade (scapula).
- Bursitis - Bursae are little fluid-filled sacks that cushion your shoulder joint. When they become inflamed or swollen, moving your arm can be painful and make everyday tasks like making breakfast and getting dressed difficult.
- Frozen shoulder - Sometimes shoulder pain is stiff and tender to the touch. These may be signs of adhesive capsulitis, aka a "frozen shoulder."
Our car accident lawyers get results
After a crash, your shoulder pain might be excruciating, throbbing, stabbing, stiff, or dull. The accident wasn't your fault and you deserve maximum compensation for the health and comfort that was stolen from you by a negligent driver. For 70 years, injured accident victims in the Tri-State Area have come to Recht Law Offices for help. We delivered results then and we continue to do so now.
No matter what type of accident injury you have, Recht Law Offices can build a strong case for compensation. Our car accident lawyers have recovered millions of dollars for injured victims of truck accidents, car collisions, motorcycle wrecks, and other auto crashes.
Contact us now to schedule a free case consultation at our office in Weirton, West Virginia. If you can't come to us, we can go to you. Don't wait. Find out what our shoulder pain attorneys can do for you today.