What to Do When Attacked by a Dog
Our Firm's Dog Bite Lawyer Can Help You Back On Your Feet
The more information you are able to safely gather without further endangering yourself, the stronger the dog bite case that Recht Law Offices will be able to build for you.
If your injuries allow you to, gather the following information:
- Which dog bit you
- Owner of the dog
- Residence of dog and dog owner
If you have been able to make that initial assessment, then:
- Seek appropriate medical treatment, if required
- Photograph or otherwise document all visible wounds or injuries
Following any necessary medical treatment:
- Contact the appropriate police department or animal control office
- Record the time, date, and person with whom you report the attack
If it is feasible and does not present risk to your person:
- Photograph the site of the attack
- Photograph the dog that attacked you
All of this information can prove to be very valuable to your case. Additionally, Recht Law Offices may choose to investigate the site further and establish a more detailed photographic record.
Rely on Guidance from an Experienced Dog Bite Lawyer: Contact Us Today
Injuries that come from a dog attack can be extremely painful, and coping with insurance companies can be confusing and overwhelming. We can help. Your initial consultation is free, so call us at (304) 748-5850 or send us an email, and we don't get paid unless you win.