Meet Attorney Steven M. Recht
Steven M. Recht was born in Steubenville, OH, and is a native of Weirton, WV. He received his law degree, a juris doctor, in 1989 from American University, Washington College of Law. He received his bachelor of arts degree in economics from Washington University in St. Louis in 1986.
He was a member and senior editor of the American University Law Review, where his Note, "M' is for Money: Baby M and the Surrogate Motherhood Controversy" was published. 37 American University Law Review 1013 (1988).
Prior to returning to join his father's law practice, Recht Law Offices, Mr. Recht practiced law in Philadelphia, focusing on antitrust and securities fraud class action litigation.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Criminal Defense
- Product Liability
- Social Security Disability
- Probate & Estates
- Real Estate
- West Virginia
- District of Columbia (inactive)
- United States District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
Affiliations and Memberships
- Former President, Hancock County Bar Association
- Member, West Virginia State Bar
- Member, American Association of Justice
- Member, Board of Governors, West Virginia Association for Justice