Asbestos and Mesothelioma
Injuries Resulting from Asbestos and Mesothelioma May Entitle You to Compensation
Asbestos affects the body gradually and persistently over time, so that victims often exhibit little evidence of exposure until years later. The wide use of asbestos in many different industries exposed millions of workers to its risks, including mesothelioma.
Even family members of workers, who never themselves entered the premises where asbestos was present, can be affected. Asbestos fibers may have been introduced into the home by the clothing and shoes of the worker.
Many industrial and household products contain asbestos or were produced in environments where asbestos was present, such as:
Some examples include:
- Fire-retardant textiles used in ironing board covers, pot holders, etc.
- Household appliances that heat through electric coils (e.g., hair dryers)
- Asbestos pipe, wallboard or millboard
- Turbines, pumps and purifiers
- Fireproofing spray
- Joint compound and powder plaster
- Thermal insulation, pipe insulation, gaskets and packing
- Insulated wiring
- Wall and ceiling tiles
- Acoustical textures and refractories
- Textured paints, cements and compounds
- Material used in the brake assembly of cars and trucks
- Siding and roofing products
- Furnaces and boilers, and insulation used in these products
Mesothelioma exhibits a wide array of symptoms in its victims, who sometimes do not observe the affects until years after asbestos exposure. Its symptoms may include:
- Anemia and/or abnormal blood clotting
- Chest pain and shortness of breath
- Weight loss and/or bowel obstruction
- Abdominal pain and swelling
Our Asbestos Case Lawyers are Ready to Fight for You
There is no standard formula for handling an injury resulting from asbestos exposure. That's why we take the time to get all the facts, starting with your free consultation. From there, if we take your asbestos case, we will not stop working for you until you get all the compensation you are entitled to.
Email today, or call right now at (304) 748-5850